I came across this article that lists down “12 signs that you’ve done well in life”. Understandably, it doesn’t talk about wealth or physical things but instead focuses on non-physical things and emotional aspects that show we’ve done well (better than we thought?) in life. I want to list down the 12 signs here because I feel like we usually overlook these things especially because we are much more focused on tangible stuff (such as money).
1. You feel proud of yourself.
2. You feel happy with where you are and where you’re headed.
3. You are better than you were yesterday, last week, and last year..
“The minute you stop improving yourself is the minute your life becomes stale. Never stop challenging yourself to become the best you can be.”
— Mo Seetubtim
4. Your relationship with your family has improved.
5. You’re passionate about your job, your hobbies, and your life.
6. You live in the present.
7. You know who your true friends are.
8. You realize that you’ve become more non-judgmental and open-minded over the years.
9. You know how to manage your emotional well-being as well as your mental well-being.
10. You do things that are good for yourself, body, and mind.
11. You don’t regret anything you’ve done because life is about moving forward, not backward.
12. You feel thankful and are excited about life and the future.
“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” — Steve Jobs