August 14-16, 2015


On Friday, Tiff and N left and went back to Japan. I had to go back to work that day since I didn’t really have any more leaves/overtime hours to convert to leaves. I’m saving up the rest of my hours for December, since I really want to go home then.

It was a pretty busy day at work catching up with emails and whatnots. I don’t really remember much of that day anymore since it’s already been more than a week. I just remember being busy that day, but also being happy because it was the last day of the work week. I didn’t work overtime that day because it was my parents’ last night in Taipei.

I left the office on time, and was picked up by T to go to Goku’s house. We had sour tamarind soup (sinigang) for dinner, which is this Filipino dish that is my forever comfort food. It will always be my favorite food, and I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of having it. I had two bowls that night, just as I usually do. I even took some home to eat the next day.

Parents had to leave for the airport after dinner despite their flight being not until past 11PM because Goku’s friend were bringing them to the airport and that was his only available time. When my parents left, T and I stayed for a while longer, and then we also went home.

On Saturday, my friend invited me to an outdoor concert because she had extra tickets. Being the kind of person that I am, I was actually too lazy to leave the house and I was thinking of bailing out on her. However, we invited T’s brother to come along with us and he was up for it so the three of us eventually got out of the house to meet up with my friend.

I’m glad I decided to attend the event because it was a new experience for me. It was my first time joining a concert (and an outdoor one at that!) in Taiwan, and my first time attending one with T. The event was sponsored by Agnes B. (Sport B.) and MTV and it was held in Huashan Cultural and Creative Park. Even if I didn’t know the singers, I realized that there were 2 more well-known singers who had 3 songs that I’ve heard before. Woo! I had a lot of fun just sitting on the grass drinking our drinks  (good thing we bought drinks before we went inside the venue) and listening to the songs.

After the concert, we headed to a nearby McDonald’s because it was still open. We hadn’t had dinner yet and we were very hungry. We spent some time there eating and getting to know each other (more of them though, because they were meeting for the first time. My friend and I talked and caught up with each other since we hadn’t seen each other in a long time.

We stayed at home on Sunday because we don’t really like to go out. However, at night, we went to Carrefour. We bought some stuff such as a small foldable ironing board because I have some clothes that get really wrinkly and need ironing, and at the same time, I can also iron T’s clothes.

It was late but I was hungry again, so we also bought sushi! Hihihi. I was surprised because T usually doesn’t  give in to my requests of buying sushi especially late at night (after we’d already eaten dinner) since it’s mostly rice. Yummy! Met up with Richelle at their place to pick up some stuff I had left the previous day, and then headed home to prepare for Monday work. Yet another week!


Tell me what you think...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s