Here are some of the things that happened in October (mostly from my Tweets):
- Busy month number 1: October. Thesis topic and advisor deadline, conference paper deadline, weekly essays for 2 classes, 3 reports, part-time volunteer work
- IMPIS dinner and meeting — they gave us pizzas and chicken from Costco and then we talked about the program, gave our suggestions (I just hope they’ll really listen), and answered questionnaires
- IMPIS consultation regarding our thesis topics and advisors
- Kept working on my conference paper. B helped me translate the abstract to Chinese because originally, they said we also had to submit a Chinese abstract. Later on, they said it wasn’t required. UGH.
- Spanish National Day celebration with Jose and the other Latinos. I brought B with me so that he can also have a taste of Spanish food and get to see a flamenco performance. He won 2 red wines from the raffle!
- I was busy working on acad stuff so he came over for a while and brought me coffee. Aww, so sweet! He also gave me little stuff like jewelry and cute things.
- Dinner with Abby and Wesley
- Prolly to make up for not being my thesis adviser and just being my committee member, this prof emailed me saying, “you are amazing though.” HAHAHA
- I was in Starbucks working on some papers and this kid kept looking at me so I smiled and waved at her, and the next thing I knew, she just kept coming over to say hi!
- Yay, booked! Holidays in the Philippines! ♥
- The volunteer thing at the foundation started yesterday. I think I basically have to help with administrative work such as reading their newspapers, cutting out articles I think would be interesting and helpful for future talks, taking phone calls, calling up people to remind them of our events, etc.
- They have this current project wherein they’re renewing their contract with this online media group, so the first thing I did was to help them collect the data they needed such as titles of past talks, dates, and speakers. Then, I pasted news clippings inside their binder. Those 2 tasks were time-consuming because there were a lot! Personally, I don’t really believe in having the news clippings on a binder because it’s a waste of paper (they prefer like 1 article per page), and it’s harder to go back to past articles. I think it would be better if they just have a digital archive/database with tags and all, to make it easier and more convenient. Oh well. I also helped them finalize their main database for their big project next year. I also helped out with 2 of their talks – printed signs, called people up, attended the talks and helped with the computer stuff, etc.
- Anniversary!!! Wow, I can’t believe it’s been a year. He gave me stargazers, which are one of my favorite flowers, and then we went to Wulai to walk around and to eat at the old street.
- It was Milan’s birthday so we celebrated her birthday at Lighthouse Cafe. We had moscato, which is this sweet Italian wine that I really liked. Then, we had tiramisu cake and then we went to the Roman plaza to hang out.