It feels as if time is moving so fast. One day it’s Monday, and then the next, it’s suddenly Friday and the weekend is upon us yet again! It’s a never-ending cycle. Maybe it’s extra fast because it’s summer? The days all seem the same because of the heat. I can’t even differentiate which day is which anymore. Haha! I also can’t believe that almost 2 months have passed by since summer term started. We’re left with less than a month before the term ends. This means a lot of things for me – it’s been a year since my awesome Spain adventure, it’s been a year since I came to Taiwan, most of my classmates (whom I’m slowly getting to know more and more) are going back to their respective countries, or are attending grad school elsewhere, and grad school is just around the corner. Siiiigh.
Pictures from the past week are of:
- the day it rained (wow!) and the beautiful flowers by our school’s entrance
- the dog probably couldn’t stand the heat and so she entered the air-conditioned building
- she also followed me to the CR (haha!)
- I signed up for the sachet making free cultural class. I discovered that I really do suck at crafts, even if I really like doing them. Hmm… Oh well!
- I have discovered my favorite Taiwanese breakfast called 蛋餅, it’s a kind of omelet (I think it’s English translation is Chinese omelet) but the egg is inside and there’s a special wrapper. There’s also cheese inside, and you can put in whatever ingredients you want. Yuuuum!!! My aunt made it, so it’s extra delicious!
- my classmate celebrated his birthday and so we had dinner at a hotpot place near our school. It’s cheap and yummy! After dinner, we walked around campus for a while, just talked, and then went our separate ways.
Nights like this one I feel like I can see myself living here for long periods of time… Transportation is very convenient and I always feel safe, even late at night. Well, I still have 2 years left, so I’m pretty sure there are going to be more fun and chill nights in the future.