Week 29


July 18-21

I went all the way down South to meet up with Codi and Patty. Codi and her dad picked me up from the MRT station and we went to the grocery store to buy some chips. We then went to their house and talked. We also watched this Spanish movie – Más pena que gloria. It’s a coming-of-age film (a type of film I’m not really that interested in but since it’s in Spanish… hahaha!) that we didn’t finish watching because Patty came over and the 3 of us basically just talked and shared stories.

They then dropped me off somewhere where I rode a jeep to MOA (Mall of Asia). I waited for my family to arrive, and then we watched Harry Potter 7.2 in IMAX! Woo, it’s so nice!

I had my medical exam at the Ruben Bartolome Medical Clinic in Malate. We had a a hard time looking for it because apparently, they moved and they didn’t even think to update their website. Gaaaaah. To cut the long story short, as I’ve said in my Twitter account, “There are so many things I wanna say about Ruben Bartolome Medical Clinic but bottom line is, they don’t have an effing system. Being a public clinic or whatever shit shouldn’t be an excuse.” Siiiigh.

I also found out that I lost 11lbs. in just 2 months! Yaaaay! Awesome.

Went to Gateway to meet up with the Mitches! The other Mitch won’t be able to attend my despedida because she’ll be out of town so she decided to just have a separate “date” with me. Hihi. The other Mitch just came along because she wasn’t doing anything. It was nice to talk and catch up with them! Awwww.

NBI clearance and dropping off the samples. Whew!

On the way home, I got a phone call from the Taiwan embassy that I got the 3 year scholarship to Taiwan!! YAAAY!

I went to the office at 6:30 in the morning to have breakfast with Daisy, Ems, Martha, and Teej. We ate breakfast at Shakey’s. Thanks Ems! Martha also asked N if she could attend my despedida party and be late for work. He agreed and just told her not to tell others that it was for me. Hahaha! After that, we went back to the office and they left. I waited for people who needed to sign my clearance but eventually, I was able to have my clearance form all signed. Finally! I’ll be getting my backpay sometime in September so I won’t be here anymore. Haha!

After the clearance thing, I went to UP to hang out with friends. First, I hung out by the stones and Wivi bought us Moonleaf milk teas! Yay! Then, I met up with Sheila at the CSA tambayan. In the afternoon, I went back to the stones to hang out with some members of TCF. Hihi. At around 4PM, I sat in Jad’s Span class with Patty! Then, we hung out at Jad’s office for a while before finally heading home.

At night, Matt came over because he wouldn’t be able to make it to my “despedida/house warming”. He brought some drinks and chips and we just talked and talked.

It’s only Friday and my week has been filled with activities here and there. I’m actually getting pretty tired, but at the same time, it’s also been fun so I guess all’s good.


About Therese

28 years old | Chinese-Filipina | University of the Philippines Diliman - BA European Languages (Spanish major, Speech Communication minor) 2011 | National Chengchi University - MA International Development | Working in the freight forwarding/logistics industry Learning to believe in myself more and not being afraid to seize opportunities ♥

One response »

  1. Pingback: One year later « C'est moi

Tell me what you think...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s